- Timing: If your pet is left alone too long throughout the day, then they don’t have enough opportunities to relieve themselves. We can’t expect our pets to hold on for 12 hours at a time. There needs to be walks at least every 6-8 hours. If you aren’t able to home frequently enough, then hire someone to walk them throughout the day. Plan longer walks before leaving them for a long stretch so that everything has a chance to work its way out.
- Stress: Just as humans have nervous tummies, our furry friends can have the same. Their nerves are overacting, causing them to have more bathroom urges. It’s not always your pet acting out. It’s usually due to a stress factor like a move or a new boyfriend in the picture.
- Health Problems: If your house-broken pet seems to continue to have accident issues, then you might need to take them to the vet. If you’ve ruled out all other possibilities, then there could be a problem with the kidneys, colon, or other stomach problems.
- Changes in Diet: Have you recently changed part of their diet? Are you feeding them more scraps from the table? This could be an adverse reaction to the new food they’re consuming. Review the ingredients to see if your pet could be allergic to any of the products, and keep human food consumption to a minimum.
- New Medication: Some medications are diuretics, which means they cause your pet to urinate more. Be mindful of the side effects of any new medications that your pet begins. Ask your vet any questions if you are unsure of the side effects.
- Age: Just as people do, animals also have problems with incontinence as they get older. Their muscles are getting weaker, and it’s more difficult to hold for long periods of time. Arrange for your older pet to be walked more frequently to avoid accidents in the apartment.
← Go Back
What To Do If Your Pet Starts Having Accidents
April 15, 2019 • Apartment Living
You’ve came home from a long day at work to be greeted by a puddle on the kitchen floor. Of course it’s frustrating. All you want to do is rest after a long day at work, but now you need to clean. Instead of scolding your pet, take note of what might be going on with them. Causes
Local News Apartment Living Local News
History Behind the Casino Industry in Las Vegas
December 01, 2022 • Local News
Vegas today is synonymous with the many casinos and resorts that inhabit the city. Las Vegas wasn’t
10 Benefits of Living In An Apartment
November 30, 2022 • Apartment Living
Choosing where you live your life during the day and resting your head every night can