- Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps with Grapes and Pecans: Everyone loves a good chicken salad, and this one with grapes and pecans is excellent. It incorporates dill to keep it fresh, and while the recipe suggests serving it on Bibb lettuce, you could easily put it on a fresh croissant or your favorite crusty bread.
- Shrimp Avocado Salad: Avocado lovers raise your hand! This salad features avocados and shrimp tossed in a homemade vinaigrette and is perfect for a summer evening. Be sure to make some extra so you can pack it for lunch the next day!
- Italian Stuffed Picnic Loaf: You don’t need to be going on a picnic to make this sandwich, but it might help to have a few friends or family members over for dinner to help you eat it. This Italian stuffed sandwich relies on good quality bread - so pick up some from your favorite local bakery.
- Crab Rolls: This cold crab roll has some great ingredients in it that keep it light and fresh. The apples add a bit of sweetness, while the radishes add a bit of mild spice. And you have to love the ease of serving this on hot dog buns!
- Gazpacho with Goat Cheese: Lots of people say they’re not fans of gazpacho, but if you make this one - you might just change your mind. Head to your local farmers’ market to get as many of the fresh vegetables as possible and then whip up a batch of this cold soup. Definitely add the goat cheese for a bit of tang!
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls: If you’ve never worked with rice paper wrappers, they’re not as scary as they look. In fact, once you get the hang of it, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made summer rolls before. The dipping sauce is delicious - so be sure to take the time to make it!
- Guacamole Tostadas: How about a vegetarian dish? With just five ingredients you’ll love how quickly you can put these together on a weeknight. They’d also make for a great appetizer when entertaining.
- Ahi Poke Bowl: Bowls are all the rage these days, but they can be really expensive to order out - so why not make them at home? This ahi poke bowl is yummy and packed with flavor from the soy sauce and sesame oil. You may never order this meal out again!
- Tuna Banh Mi: Make this classic Vietnamese sandwich at home with just a few key ingredients. The jalapeno adds some “kick” - but you can easily leave it off if spice is not your thing.
- Mediterranean Chicken Pinwheels: There are so many great things you can make with wraps or flatbreads, and these pinwheels are delicious. The rotisserie chicken means no cooking, and you can even have the kids help assemble them!
← Go Back
Too Hot to Cook? Try These Dishes!
July 31, 2019 • Apartment Living
After a long day of work and during the sweltering months of summer, the last thing you probably want to do is cook a big, heavy meal when you get home. After all, turning on your oven is just going to heat up your apartment, and a heavy meal is just going to make you feel weighed down. Of course, you do want something tasty to eat! This summer, if you’re looking for some delicious dinner to fix that won’t have you spending hours in a hot kitchen - try these!
Local News Apartment Living Local News
History Behind the Casino Industry in Las Vegas
December 01, 2022 • Local News
Vegas today is synonymous with the many casinos and resorts that inhabit the city. Las Vegas wasn’t
10 Benefits of Living In An Apartment
November 30, 2022 • Apartment Living
Choosing where you live your life during the day and resting your head every night can