When the temperatures are hot, what do you do to cool off? Do you head to the pool? Do you go see a movie where they have plenty of air conditioning? Or, do you get the ultimate in cool treats – ice cream?
If ice cream is your go-to when the weather is warm, then you are in luck living in Las Vegas. There is definitely not a shortage of excellent ice cream shops where you can find your favorite flavors. If you’re looking for someplace new to try, here are a few places you might check out.
- Gelatology: Gelatology makes all of it gelato from scratch using Italian recipes and all natural ingredients. The pride themselves on using no eggs and no cornstarch and even have several vegan gelato recipes. They also have a selection of sherbets made from fresh fruits and carry a limited selection of Italian products. You could even have them cater your next event!
- Lucy’s Waffles & Ice Cream: If you haven’t tried the combination of ice cream and waffles, you should be heading to Lucy’s Waffles & Ice Cream ASAP to try it! Fluffy Belgian waffles served with homemade ice cream is a great pairing. Just take a look at the menu, and you’ll be rushing out the door to get your hands on Rocky III or the Flintstone!
- Matcha Cafe Maiko: Matcha is a very popular flavor these days, and the Matcha Cafe Maiko is capitalizing on the trend with some delicious treats. You can try matcha shaved ice, matcha soft-serve ice cream, matcha parfaits, and more!
- Magnolia Ice Cream and Treats: If you want to try Halo-halo, an amazing Phillipino dessert, then you must head to Magnolia Ice Cream and Treats. Here you can try this shaved ice dessert or one of their many unique ice cream flavors like Ube, Thai Tea, or Buko Salad. Definitely a place for those wanting to try something new!
- Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream: There are not many places that can say they make ice cream fresh daily at each of their locations, but Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream can. With traditional flavors you love, plus all sorts of great combinations, you’ll have a hard time deciding what to order.
- Amorino: Amorino has locations all over the world, including one here in Las Vegas on South Grand Central Parkway. Their gelato is fantastic, and when they create the gorgeous rose-shaped cone for you it’s definitely worthy of an Instagram photo! The best part? You’re not limited to just one flavor – so pick a couple of your favorites to try!
- Luv-It Frozen Custard: Luv-It Frozen Custard is known for their sundaes, and when you look at all the toppings they have available – you’ll understand why. They also have a great selection of shakes and malts, and you can even bring home quarts of your favorite flavor.
- CREAM: CREAM wants you to have a fun and unique experience when you visit them – along with enjoying their yummy ice cream. They are known for their ice cream sandwiches which are made with two cookies of your choice and a generous scoop of your favorite ice cream. You can then have your ice cream sandwich rolled in a topping to make it extra special.
- Sloan’s Ice Cream: Almond Joy, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake, and Cinnamon Stix are just a few of the flavors that await you at Sloan’s Ice Cream. You can get a cone with multiple scoops or select a sundae, milkshake, or ice cream soda – just like an old-fashioned ice cream shop.
- Sweet Addiction Cookies & Ice Cream: Sweet Addiction Cookies & Ice Cream is also known for their ice cream sandwiches. Pick your cookie, your ice cream, and your topping to roll it in, and you have a tasty portable treat. If you’re celebrating a birthday, get one of their ice cream cakes – which is a giant version of their ice cream cookie sandwich.
Did your favorite ice cream shop make the list? If not, share with us where you like to go! After all, as Betsy Garmon said, “Ice cream cravings are not to be taken lightly.”