Moving to Summerlin, NV? Here’s What to KnowThe beautifully planned community of Summerlin, Nevada, is home to over 100,000 residents and counting. With a unique mix of recreational activities, suburban landscapes, and access to some of the best entertainment in the country, this thriving community has grown to be a highly sought-after town in the Las Vegas Valley. As the community continues to grow, so do the amenities, apartment complexes, and career opportunities available. If you're looking for an exceptional place to call home, Summerlin, Nevada, is a place to consider. Read on to learn more about all the amazing things the community has to offer.
About Summerlin NevadaSummerlin, Nevada, is a masterfully planned community situated just 15 miles west of lively Las Vegas. Depending on where you live, part of the community is dispersed within Las Vegas itself, while another part lies in unincorporated Clark County.
Ready to Call Summerlin, Nevada Home? Here’s What to KnowSummerlin’s proximity to Las Vegas and outdoor recreational spaces, parks, and landmarks has allowed the community to be a hub for residents of all backgrounds. Young adults and professionals looking to start jobs in Summerlin turn to this community because of its continued growth. Older adults and those looking for a safe and friendly community to call home are beckoned in by the beautiful complexes, including the many luxurious complexes offered by Ovation Property Management group. Convenient to a range of amenities for all residents, a moderate cost of living, and continued growth have all enabled Summerlin to be a hub for people wanting an idyllic place to call home. Read on to learn more about all that Summerlin has to offer.
Pros of Living in Summerlin, NV
- Moderate cost of living
- Growing real estate value
- No state income tax
- Luxury-style homes and apartments
- Conveniently located near lively Las Vegas
- Situated near national recreational destinations, including the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and more
- Beautiful weather
Cons of Living in Summerlin
- Cars are recommended, as public transportation is poor
- Higher than national average home prices
Things to Do in Summerlin, NevadaSummerlin, Nevada’s unique location allows residents to enjoy an array of activities throughout the year. If you’re looking for things to do in Summerlin, you will absolutely not be disappointed. Here are some of the most popular activities residents can do in this quaint community.
1. Enjoy the OutdoorsThere are many ways to enjoy the beautiful out-of-doors when you live in Summerlin, Nevada. Within the community itself, residents can look forward to a number of biking and walking trails. There are 25 parks scattered throughout the community, making it easy for residents to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather Summerlin is known for. You can find a recreational facility, field, or court for nearly every sport within these community parks. For the many active residents throughout the community, these parts are one of the best ways to get out and enjoy the company of your neighbors. When you're looking for a little more adventure, you don't have to venture far to experience some of the Nation’s most iconic landmarks. The nearby Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is a haven for hikers and nature lovers. There are dozens of hiking trails to choose from and a number of bouldering and rock climbing locations to explore.
2. Experience Downtown SummerlinDowntown Summerlin is not your ordinary city center. Summerlin’s downtown offers a modern cityscape for residents and visitors to enjoy. Residents who live in the luxurious complexes of Madera, Altessa Apartments, and Aspire at Tropicana can enjoy convenient access to this popular city center. Beautiful walking spaces and a number of retail outlets to choose from make for a perfect day out. Throughout the year, there are plenty of events and activities for friends and families to enjoy as well. No matter the time of year, Downtown Summerlin is a hub for residents to flock to. Living near the city center is an especially great way to soak in the beauty of the community.
3. Explore Summerlin Nevada RestaurantsThroughout Summerlin, you'll find an abundance of restaurants to enjoy, no matter your palate. Popular destinations include Vintner Grill, Nittaya’s Secret Kitchen, and Ohlala French Bistro. With flavors and price points of all ranges, you are sure to find a restaurant for whatever special occasion you have on hand. As you explore the community, you'll come across some of your favorite national food chains as well.
4. Get Out on the GreenKicking back and enjoying life is what Summerlin, Nevada, is all about. Throughout this master-planned community, residents can enjoy any one of the ten private and public golf courses available. For older adults, popular resort-style communities such as Radiance at Rock Springs and Radiance at Grand Canyon allow you to enjoy the luxuries in life, including access to nearby golfing facilities.
5. Venture Out to Nearby Las VegasPlan a quick getaway with a day trip out to nearby Las Vegas. The City of Lights is a short 15-minute drive from Summerlin, making it a convenient location for those who want a quiet place to live but still want to be near the hub of it all. As you plan your adventure in Las Vegas, catching a game at the Las Vegas Ballpark, exploring the motor speedway, and exploring the Las Vegas Strip are all absolute musts when you live in this nearby community.
Where to Live in Summerlin, NevadaSummerlin, Nevada, is divided into four associations, the North, South, West, and Central. Each association offers its own unique appeal. The proximity among these associations means that residents will never feel excluded from one part of the community or another.
What are the Zip Codes for Summerlin, Nevada?The zip codes within the community include the following:
Practicality Meets AffordabilitySummerlin, Nevada apartment complexes—including Altessa, Madera, Aspire at Tropicana, and Aspire at Grand Canyon—provide residents with the luxuries they want at a price point they will love. Spacious floor plans, top-grade appliances and amenities, and welcoming community spaces beckon residents of all ages, especially young professionals looking for a sophisticated place to call home.
Indulge in Supreme ComfortExperience the comforts of luxury living by touring the beautiful grounds at San Croix, Tuscany, and Venicia residential complexes. Inspired by the beautiful destinations they are named after, residents can experience the sensation of escape whenever they wish. Resort-style living, versatile floor plans, and beautifully designed community spaces will have you feeling like you are on vacation all year long.
Retire in ComfortFor older adults and retired individuals, the beautiful, masterfully planned complexes of Radiance at Rock Springs and Radiance at Grand Canyon are undeniably attractive places to call home. Thoughtful amenities, including spa facilities, resort-style pools with private communities, and a number of other community spaces, allow you to relax in absolute comfort. Kick back, enjoy the local community, and live out your best life in these highly sought-after complexes.
Get Ready to Call Summerlin, Nevada HomeThe beautifully designed community of Summerlin, Nevada, has grown to be a popular destination for professional transplants, young adults looking for luxury and comfort, and older adults looking for a comfortable place to call home. With all this community has to offer, it’s no surprise that Summerlin has grown to be a popular destination for prospective residents across the nation. If you’re ready to call Summerlin, Nevada home, contact the area’s leading property management group, Ovation Property Management.
As the premier property grout for the best Las Vegas living, our team is ready to help pair you with the perfect apartment complex to call home. Visit us online, or call us to tour one of many highly sought-after complexes today.
Law, L. (2020) 9 Top-Rated Hikes in Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area Borja, R. (2022) 32 Can’t-Miss Things To Do on The Las Vegas Strip