Love where you live! Find your next apartment in Las Vegas with Ovation
How much are utilities per month in Las Vegas?Your Las Vegas utility cost will depend on several factors, including the size of your apartment or home, how many people live with you, and the time of year. When it’s hot, your Las Vegas apartment electric bill will be higher than in other months, due to the continual use of the air conditioner. If you average all the months of the year, the typical Las Vegas apartment utilities cost is about $200. In addition to electricity, this includes water, trash, and sewage. While some months will be under $100, you can expect around $300 total utility costs in the hottest summer months.
How can I lower my electric bill in Las Vegas?If that sounds like a lot, don’t worry. There are many ways you can save money on Las Vegas apartment utilities — even when your need for electricity is high.
1. Use certain appliances in the eveningsYour dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and other major appliances generate a lot of heat when they’re in use. When this happens, the air conditioner will need to work harder, raising your Las Vegas apartment utility bill. Try running these appliances at night when it’s a little cooler.
2. Be smart about your windowsAnother way to save on your electric bill is to be mindful of your windows. Close the blinds or the shades if you get direct sunlight during the day to keep that room cool. Make sure the seals on the windows are tight so no hot air leaks into your home or apartment. Also, look for the best apartments in Las Vegas with new, upgraded, or energy-efficient windows that are designed to keep the cold and heat out and lower your utility bill.
3. Use your ceiling fansRunning your ceiling fans — even on the low setting — can go a long way in keeping your rooms cool and taking pressure off your air conditioner. On a low setting, a medium-sized ceiling fan will only cost you about $0.06 per day to run. That is definitely worth it to keep them going and shave some cost off your monthly power bill.
4. Clean your air filtersMake sure you’re changing your air filter regularly to keep the air conditioner working at optimal levels. When air filters are clogged with dust and dander, it will restrict airflow and not allow your home to be as cool as it could be. Your air conditioner will have to work harder to reach the temperature you set on your thermostat, which will be reflected on your electric bill.
5. Adjust your thermostat temperature when you leaveYou should always set your thermostat to a moderate temperature if you are leaving for a while. Although you don’t want your home to be sweltering hot, you also don’t need to keep it as cool as you would if you were home. Setting the thermostat around 78 degrees Fahrenheit won’t be too uncomfortable for plants or pets but is still mild enough to cool down the home or apartment quickly when you return home. You’ll also cut down on your Las Vegas apartment electric cost if you stick to this schedule.
6. Switch to energy-efficient light bulbsLED light bulbs need substantially less energy to light your home than standard light bulbs. Changing your lights to high-efficiency LED bulbs will cut energy consumption and help lower your Las Vegas electricity bill.
7. Lower your water consumptionIf your water bill is becoming a burden, it’s time to explore ways to conserve water in your home. Here are some easy ways to save gallons of water each month:
- Shut the water off while brushing your teeth
- Only run the dishwasher or washing machine with full loads
- Be mindful of the time in the shower or how long you run the water before getting in the shower
- Fix leaks right away or call for maintenance
What uses the most electricity in apartments?While the air conditioner and HVAC systems are generally what consume the most electricity in a Las Vegas apartment, there are also other appliances and items in your home that can drain a lot of energy, including:
- Water heaters
- Washing machine and dryer
- TVs and computers
- Electric stoves and ovens
Find Las Vegas apartments that save you moneyCheck out the best apartments Las Vegas has to offer with Ovation! Many of our luxury apartments include high-efficiency appliance packages, which will save on your electric bill. See our selection of available units and schedule a tour today.
Find Your Next Apartment