- Facetime/Call/Text: It can be easy to get stuck in the rut of daily routines. We love our friends, but there are times when “out of sight, out of mind” kicks in. Break through by setting up specific days to make contact with friends. Send a quick text in the middle of the day to see how they are doing, or set up a scheduled call with them every week. If you make it part of your routine to talk to your friends, then you’re more likely to do it. Don’t wait for them to reach out to you. Sometimes, you have to initiate first because you never know what might be going on in their lives.
- Plan A Trip: You love spending time with each other, so make time to see each other in person. It may take a little more planning than you’re used to, but it’s nothing you both can’t handle. Take trips to see each other at your homes, or pick an in between spot that both of you can meet at. You can look on the map to see if there’s a fun destination that you want to check out. Take a friend cruise, or meet on the beach. Nothing beats spending face-to-face time with a close friend.
- Send Real Mail: In this day and age of electronic everything, receiving mail in the mailbox is really special. Send a personalized, handwritten note to show your friend that you’re thinking of them. Remind them of an inside joke, or relive that wild and crazy night that happened years ago. A good laugh between friends is beautiful. Even if you are in separate locations.
- Send A “Thinking Of You” Gift: Do you ever walk through the store, and stop and think, “my friend would love this?” If it’s within budget, get it and send it. Or, hop online and see if you can find it on Amazon and ship it straight to their door. It’ll be a great surprise for them when they open the box and see a special gift from you. Every time they look at their gift, they can smile and remember you.
- Maintain Previous Traditions: Did you use to watch the latest season of your favorite show on Sunday nights together? Then try to keep up with it. Call them during the episode and watch it together over the phone. Keeping these little traditions alive will keep your friendship intact.
← Go Back
How to Stay in Touch with Old Friends After You Move
March 01, 2018 • Apartment Living
Friends are near and dear to our hearts, which is why moving away can sometimes be painful. Life can get busy, but it should never be too busy to stay in touch with good friends. Make time to maintain the friendship with little things throughout your week. It doesn’t take much to show you care!
Local News Apartment Living Local News
History Behind the Casino Industry in Las Vegas
December 01, 2022 • Local News
Vegas today is synonymous with the many casinos and resorts that inhabit the city. Las Vegas wasn’t
10 Benefits of Living In An Apartment
November 30, 2022 • Apartment Living
Choosing where you live your life during the day and resting your head every night can