How do you do Christmas in Las Vegas? We always have bright lights, and warm weather, so it can be difficult to get into the Christmas spirit. Luckily, there are a few tips and tricks that you can use to make your heart jolly this year.
- Do Activities During the Desert Nights: It’s no secret that the desert air gets chilly. While the days are toasty, the nighttime air is perfect for feeling like the holidays have arrived. There are plenty of fun activities that the whole family will love. Go out at night for a drive to see all of the Christmas lights and share a warm Hotty Toddy with one of your favorite people. After looking at all of the lights, head over to Wet’n’Wild to put your ice skating skills to the test. This synthetic ice skating rink will dazzle you with a 40 ft Christmas tree, a 100 ft sledding hill, and of course, Santa Claus himself. Pack up the kids for a night of lights and fun for everyone!
- Cold Holiday Treats: Instead of opting for the hot cocoa after dinner, make a no-bake freezer treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Don’t turn on the oven–that will only heat your entire home. Instead, keep things cool with an icebox cake. You can still add your favorite holiday flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg. No-bake cakes are perfect for those who love to bake and for those who don’t. It’s always a sure crowd pleaser, and it can save you some precious time.
- Holiday Scents Around the House: Nothing says Christmas like a room that smells like warm cider! Switch out all of the candles, hand soaps, and air fresheners around the house with winter fragrances to put you in the holiday spirit. The little things like hand soaps and candles can transport you from your warm apartment to the brisk chill of a winter wonderland. If you don’t want to spend extra on candles and soaps, heat up a pot of water on the stove and add seasonal spices to the mix to give the room a heavenly smell.
- Play Your Favorite Christmas movies: Start replaying all of your favorite holiday classics and find some new favorites by snuggling up on the couch with Netflix. There are some old traditional favorites like White Christmas, The Santa Claus, and the Legend of Frosty the Snowman. If you get tired of watching happy-go-lucky movies, there are plenty of other Christmas movies that have a darker sense of humor. Grab some eggnog, and crack up laughing at some of the ridiculous holiday hits!
- Switch out Traditional Garland for Succulents: The pine and fir garlands are classics and always beautiful, but it’s not exactly seasonal for the Las Vegas area. Succulents have been on the rise as a modern mainstay in the house, which is perfect for the arid and dry air that we have. Instead of the fake firs, switch over to adding greenery with succulents this year. You’ll not only amaze your friends at how thrifty you are, you’ll also have a modern twist to an old classic.
Add a new tradition to your holiday season this year with one of these fun activities! It’s not about the things that you get this year, but about sharing memories with those you love. There’s no better way to celebrate this Christmas season than getting together with friends and knock out everything on this list. Happy Holidays!